This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for:
- My divorced parents, who taught me not to compromise myself in order to prolong a bad situation.
- The perspective, adaptiveness (not a word, right? Perhaps I should replace it with ‘creativity’) and independence I gained from being a “divorced kid”.
- My ex-husband, without whom I would not have made the best mistake of my life.
- Boyfriend, who has provided loving and supportive companionship.
- Boyfriend’s kids, who led me out of my comfort zone, taught me how to body board and ignited my quest for Blended Family Advice.
- Boyfriend’s Ex, who forced me to examine my priorities and practice compassion in the face of frustration.
- My job, my home, my health, my vehicles, the rest of my family, my friends, sunglasses, M&Ms, Google, laughter, paper clips, condoms, the Salvation Army, garbage men, nail polish, the American Bulldog Rescue, red pens, post-it notes, traffic lights, Hulu, organic vegetables, freedom of religion, slippers, credit unions, massages, ATMs, buttons, hats, oxygen, etc…