At the request of Drake and Josh, I purchased a gift for their mother over the weekend. My reflection on the experience has prompted many questions and I’m wondering how others feel. Please chime in regarding any of the following…
- Do you expect to be honored for Mother’s Day? (or Father’s Day, as the case may be)
- How do you feel about your co-parent’s significant other assisting your children in selecting/purchasing gifts?
- Do you help your children select/purchase gifts for your co-parent on Mother/Father’s Day?
- Do you communicate to your children the value of your co-parent’s partner on Mother/Father’s Day?
- Do you communicate to your children the value of your own partner on Mother/Father’s Day?
Partners of Parents:
- How do you feel about honoring the children’s other parent on these holidays?
- Do you participate in gift selection/purchase for the other parent? (why or why not?)
- Do you expect/desire to be recognized as a parental figure in the lives of your partner’s children?